Thursday, July 10, 2014

Utvik - Day Twelve!

Oh Boy! Twelve days in Norway so far! Hard to believe we've been gone for that long but we have been super busy here!

Today was a slower pace...we woke up earlier in the morning because we have very important Spa appointments for 10:30AM and 3:00PM...Barb and Mom are heading in for the early ones because apparently Nancy and I tend to sleep in! I don't know what they are referring to but who am I to argue?!!

Auntie June was pointing out the beautiful sky and ocean today...the water was so still that we had some stunning reflections of the clouds on the waters surface. I am constantly reminding myself that this is NOT a lake!!! So for the water to be this still is really something...remember that you can click on the image and it will open up in a larger format with a crisper image as well...

 
 

 

 

Yet another gorgeous picture perfect morning here in Utvik! Nancy and I wanted to leave early'ish for our appointment at the Hotel Alexandra because we had heard the pools, steam rooms and saunas were exceptional there...we heard right!

 
 

I couldn't find any images online for the interior part but it was very impressive...our treatments were very nice...the girls we had were great and we took advantage of all the amenities after our massage as well...after about an hour and a bit we deiced we better hit he road again and return home...the rest of our group would think we booked a room there!

 
 

Nancy started dinner...on tonight menu we have Salmon, rice and veggies and salad...another fantastic meal in paradise...I will need to restrict myself to water and veggies when I return to Canada...I'm afraid I won't fit through the door if I keep eating so well and having dessert after every meal! That has got to stop!

 

 

I was around 9:30PM when dinner was over and we decided to teach Else the Phase10 card game...she is not a card player but she was a great sport in learning...she seemed to win every hand when she got a little extra help from Nancy. Eventually Nancy refused to keep helping her as she was concerned Else was beating her!

 

 

 

In the game there is a card that you play to make any other player miss their turn...when we told Else she had to name the person that she was going to skip she didn't like that! We had to try to coax a name from her every time...she didn't want to be mean! She kept saying, No, No, No...I couldn't...after a while we all started getting silly :)

 
 

 

 

Nancy wanted to capture some sisterly love...Mom wasn't cooperating and June was suprised to see the photo after! Lots of laughs every day with this crew!

I'm off to bed as we have a busy and early morning tomorrow heading off to Grainger on an hour boat ride to see the scenic view...beware, there might be another hundred photos tomorrow too!

Here Nancy captured the perfect sunset for the end to our day...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment