Thursday, July 10, 2014

Utvik - Day Eleven Part 2

Time to capture some more photos and hurry back for our ride :)







Good Grief! It's time to head back down!!! Maybe you can get an idea of the ride in these pics :)



















You can see that Nancy and Mom got a little wet! but there are beautiful smiles on their faces so all is well...Mom actually hugged our driver when we got to the base...he was happy for the appreciation we had for our safe arrival down!





I met my own troll in the store...he's kinda cute don't you think!!!



I had to try in this coat...it was a raincoat...with a little mink attached to it...there isn't a chance that Marissa would let me in the house back home with it though so I hung it back on the hanger :(





We had a icecream and I found a Else Coke...had to have it...it went down quickly as it's about 28degrees even up here today...the breeze/wind was very welcome!





I drove here this afternoon but I handed the keys over to Nancy for the ride home and had my head out the window snapping photos...I have taken well over 200 photos just of the glacier and areas...but I needed to capture the water you see below...


The photo still doesn't do it justice but the easiest way I could get you to visualize what we see is to imagine that the water you see in the Caribbean has been moved to this exact location...I'm sure there is an explanation for why it is so turquoise...but the contrast of the evergreen and bright green grass right next to this amazing water colour is breathtaking...then to see these enormous fjords right next to the turquoise water it really is unimaginable.







See??? Doesn't it seem unusual to see this coloured water next to green grass and evergreen trees and not a white sandy beach?





Here's a very old Lutheran Church we passed on our way back to Utvik, through Loen...







It's interesting how they have a tiny area for people to plant flowers at the base off the tombstone/marker.






Through some more tunnels and narrow roads and we are back to our temporary home in Utvik...need to pour ourselves a cocktail after such a busy day...we deserve it :)





Tonight's menu item...spaghetti and salad...on the back deck so we can enjoy the breeze and cooling air...tomorrow four of us have a busy busy day at the SPA...we found one at the Hotel Alexandra in Loen...we'll chat all about those adventures tomorrow :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment