Thursday, July 17, 2014

Selje - Day Seventeen Part 2

Here's Part 2 of Day Seventeen...I'm on day 2 of trying to upload this too...so fingers crossed it posts if I splitt it up! Remember you can click on each image that you would like to see with better resolution and larger!

Now this local gallery was very interesting...the artist and his wife live in this house...

These are some other various buildings on their property that house certain artists and sculptors' work...

This gallery was very clever...inside they left exposed parts of the mountain so you could see the unique rock formations as well...

This cart is full of scrapbooking supplies at my house in Canada so it's great to see it in use here in Norway in this fashion! Love to see the creative spaces of other artists!
Very interesting pieces here...nothing that was calling my name...but nice just the same.
So I didn't mention at this point that I might have driven the car into a barricade...in trying to move the car out of the way on these narrow one lane country roads...in backing up I hit some stone...I seemed to have done a number on the rear left bumper...thank goodness for the coverage on my Visa Aventura card...right now the claim process has been good while I'm here...my contact back home is very nice...we will see if I still have the same opinion once I am home. As long as everything goes smoothly then it will be all covered by the insurance!
So we are having a final meal with Else and Berit back at the Doktosgarden before we drive back to Maloy, drop our suitcases at the Best Western, deliver Berit home and then return the rental cars...
This place has a wonderful gallery of Artists' work here too...and a very nice cafe!
Anna prepared a very special vegetable soup for us for lunch...it was so delicious that we were asking her the ingredients!
Of course we needed to make sure we had room for their delicious dessert too!!! Plum cake and Carrot cake.
That goat may or may not be in my suitcase...just sayin'
We offered to bring Berit back with us later this afternoon seeing as we were going to Maloy for the night and taking the Express Boat back to Bergen in the morning.

It took us one hour to get back to Maloy, then another couple hours to fill out the reports etc at the car return...we grabbed a cab back to the Hotel and Mom, Nancy and I polished off a bottle of red wine...we decided to find the great restaurant we ate at last time we were here...Fish and Chips for Barb, Mom and me...

Cod and fried potatos for Auntie June...

Here's the Hamburger that Nancy ordered! Not exactly what she thought it was going to be but delicious just the same apparently!


Have to make sure we get dessert too!

Now I have to say that Nancy has become a bit of a problem lately...she likes to share...but usually the other way around...like she didn't want to order her own dessert but wanted US to share ours with her...Barb refuses to share her dessert (totally understandable) but she did manage to get some of everything we ordered.....

Need to get to sleep tonight! We are leaving the hotel before 7:00AM so that we can get on the Express Boat to Bergen...Mom and I have several days in Bergen and Nancy, Barb and Auntie June are leaving on Saturday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment