Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bergen - Day Eighteen!

Wowzers! Day 18 already...time's almost up!

We grab a fast something to eat in the hotel dining room and started pulling our bags through the streets of Maloy this morning at 7:00am...our boat leaves a short distance away at precisely 7:20...or sooner...they pull up, load and then leave! If you are not there...you are not going to get on it!

 

 

If there was a prize for the smallest luggage...I'd win! I will need to replace this bag in Bergen though as the handle has almost torn right off! I'm amazed its lasted this long!

 

 
The boat ride was just under 5 hours and was a little bit rough! A couple of us had some motion sickness symptoms...luckily it was intermittent. It was raining and the clouds were so low that visibility was poor for photos so you won't get any here...I know you are super disappointed...LOL.
 
We grabbed a couple taxis to our Thon Bristal Bergen hotel...Mom and I are sharing and it's a tiny room...we are hoping to change rooms Saturday for the remaining days here so we can have a little room to move...our current view is of the alley with all the garbage dumpsters and glass recycling so as you can imagine, the odour and sounds are a little displeasing :)
 
A quick drop off of bags at the hotel and we were on the hunt for a nice lunch spot...Zupperia was an excellent little gem! They specialized in soup...I ordered a vegetable soup and of course they always bring out a big basket of freshly baked bread and butter!
 

 

Erdinger beer is quite good...I have to say that I've been drinking a lot of beer here...gonna need to work on getting ridd of my beer belly ;) once I get home!

 

 

This is a seafood salad that Nancy and June were going to share...after they had their soup for a starter...our soups were huge so by the time their salad came they were eager for help to eat it!

 

Mom ordered an apple and raisin pudding cake, a more traditional Norwegian dessert served with a custard and icecream...another dish my dad would have loved!

 

Lovely photo of June and Nancy :)

 

After lunch I was ready for a rest...unfortunately I had the beginnings of a big headache...so after a couple hours of napping...Mom headed out to dinner with everyone else...they enjoyed a concert at a local church where they were entertained by an organist...they had a huge climb up some stairs to get to the church but it was worthwhile by the sounds of it.

Hopefully I will be back in action tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment