Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paris - Day 5

Rise and shine at 6:30am...who needs sleep anyways, right?!!! We are all surviving off of 5-6 hours a night if we are lucky...for me the visible 'bags' under my eyes are the tell all of a lack of sleep ;)

We are heading to the Louvre...the entire day has been dedicated to the museum and the surrounding area. For Marissa and myself, we had had enough of the crowds and walking after a couple hours inside the Louvre. 

We wanted to get up close to the Mona Lisa, which we did along with 150 other close personal friends ;)

We also wanted to see the Egyptian part and the section of the original foundation of the Louvre. All super interesting and I would love to share some photos with you but unfortunately I left my camera strap in the dinner restaurant yesterday with the days' photos on the SD card which was safely zipped in the strap...Gianmarco, our EF guide, is going to try to call the restaurant tomorrow as I've just realized I did that!!!

Luckily I've been uploading my photos every evening onto my iPad...so I don't need to worry about the rest of the photos on that card...I just hadn't had a chance to upload the trip to the Louvre :(

I also have been purchasing a coffee table book from each of the spots we have visited, so I have lots of information and photos from each place! The Louvre had it's own book with LOADS of information and photos so at least I have that, right?!

But I did have pictures of the night train...our deluxe First Class cabin for three...I volunteered to climb to the top bunk and all three of us moms got minimal sleep...mostly not at all really, just on and off.




Super efficient use of the small space...we even got a bag with slippers, mouthwash, toothbrush and toothpaste, soap, earplugs, tissues, toilet seat cover...really great SwagBag!



Marissa and Ashley shared their cabin in coach with four other girls...pretty cramped quarters to say the least...noisy too because we weren't the only school tour travelling...there were some Italian and French students on board as well...fun times ;)


This is a great photo of Gianmarco. We have just arrived in Milan and are getting off the train...another hour of waiting to catch the fast train into Rome!


Signing off here...Day 6 will include our visit to the Vatican museums and St. Peter's Basilica

No comments:

Post a Comment